Every animal matters
Billions of farm animals die brutal deaths after a short and miserable life. Be it in the food or fashion-industry, their lives are defined by pain, fear and loss. But it doesn't have to be this way! Like any other animal, they deserve respect, care and dignity.
We believe that animal farming should be adapted to the needs of the animals rather than the other way around. Too often, animals suffer in the name of profit, when small changes in their keeping and treatment could mean a massive increase in their quality of life.
What we do
FOUR PAWS aims to tackle these problems at their root by influencing legislators as well as the general public.
- On a European level, we fight for cage-free farming and to end intensive factory farming as well as an end of live animal transport.
- On a global level, we fight for cruelty-free fashion; our current focus is to end mulesing for wool-production
- We push public institutions to reduce the amount of meat on their menus and to choose animal products only from high animal welfare standards
- We have concrete guidelines for animal-friendly keeping conditions, transport and slaughter and run an animal welfare label for animal products in Austria and Germany
- We embrace the 3R-Principles (Reduce, Refine, Replace) to show people how they can make every-day animal friendlier food choices
- Country-specific campaigns target local issues and hold producers as well as consumers accountable for their actions.
Your support will greatly help us in continuing our fight against the cruel and often senseless treatment of farm animals.